Astrid Rieder works as an international trans-art artist in her studios in Salzburg and Vienna.
Vision: intensified art experience through optimized synergy of audiovisual artistic collaboration. The main focus lays on the dialogue between art genres and the opening of traditional, encrusted and art immanent barriers. The Composition graphique musicale is based on the concept of a dialogue between contemporary music and abstract drawing, which is continuously and interactively modulating during the trans-art performance. The final products are the large-scale drawing, the recorded video and the sound recording.
It is her vision to create a synergy for the simultaneous perception of different artistic interaction and therefore enables a more intense art experience. The main focus of her work lies on the dialogue and the overcoming of traditional, encrusted art-immanent barriers. She gained important experience from 1993 onwards, among others with Wolfgang Seierl (painter and composer, Vienna), Johannes Ziegler (painter, Salzburg) and the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts, Salzburg (Xenia Hausner, Hella Berent and Kimberly Bradley). She deepened her theoretical knowledge in regular meetings with Eva Roscher (1998-2015) and in the seminar with Christian Ofenbauer (composer and music theorist, Mozarteum Salzburg). In addition to this, she is on the advisory board of the Maria-Anna-Mozart-Society and is a member of the IG Composers Salzburg.
Through international scholarships and collaborations with various artists, Astrid Rieder gives trans-Art performances and workshops worldwide, such as at the “Mid Atlantic trans-Art Tour 2014”, the electroacoustic festival in Seia, Portugal 2017, the NY Art Connection Gallery Long Island, the Riga Performance Festival STARPTELPA 2018, the ONE MONTH FESTIVAL SEOUL 17/18. In September 2018, trans-Art was presented with a lecture, exhibition and live performance at the Galleria Kookos in Helsinki.
On the occasion of Musica Femina at the Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, a trans-Art live performance with Mia Zabelka took place in 2018 as well as a presentation in the show reel.
In 2019, Astrid Rieder cooperated with the Queens University Belfast, where she performed with the cellist Dave McCann, an ensemble member of the HardRainEnsemble at the SARC, Sonic Lab.
Other large projects include the „Atelier Concert for New Music “, a trans-Art event in which Astrid Rieder presented new music in Salzburg for 20 years and actively participated as an artist (1996-2016).
Kunstraum Ewigkeitsgasse trans-Art Performance with Herbert Lacina
Art Lounge im Café Korb trans-Art Performance with Sebastian Jolles
KunstbeTrieb Wien trans-Art Performance with Sebastian Jolles
Atelier Astrid Rieder trans-Art Performance with Karlheinz Essl
audience performance in the Stadtgalerie Lehen, Salzburg
exhibiton in the Stadtgalerie Mozartplatz 5, Salzburg
Since February 2021 member of FS1
March 2021 participation Radiokolleg Ö1 with trans-Art in the series of Jobprofil Komponistin with Marie - Therese Rudolph
June 10th 2021 Austrian Music Week Salzburg in the trans-Art Studio
SUMMIT of trans-Art 2020 in the trans-Art Studio Salzburg
Since June 2019
studio in 5071 Wals, Bundesstraße 37
participation at the exhibition Musica Femina in the Pflanzenorangerie/Schloss Schönbrunn
Since July 2016
live performance of the event series “do trans-Art” in her studio, on the 2nd Thursday on a monthly basis
transfer of the boradcasting at RadioFro
host of the "studio for contemporary music" at the local Radiofabrik, twice a month
studio at the Künstlerhaus Salzburg
close and intensive contact with Eva Roscher (piano and improvisation)
Privat Concert: organization and art direction at the annual "Studio concert for contemporary music"
music theory seminars by Christian Ofenbauer (composer and professor at the Mozarteum Salzburg)
participation at the International Summer Academy in Salzburg (Xenia Hausner, Hella Berenth and Kimberly Bradley)
focusing on the dialogue in art, programs by Wolfgang Seierl (painter and composer), Johannes Ziegler (painter)
EXHIBITIONS and trans-art Performances
- Kunstraum Ewigkeitsgasse trans-Art Performance with Herbert Lacina
- Art Lounge at Café Korb trans-Art Performance with Sebastian Jolles
- KunstbeTrieb Wien trans-Art Performance with Sebastian Jolles
- Atelier Astrid Rieder trans-Art Performance with Karlheinz Essl
- 1. Grazer Impro Fest at SCHAUMBAD; Freies Atelierhaus Graz trans-Art performance with Masimba Hwati and the Floating Improvisers
- SUMMIT of trans-Art 2022
- Symposium Culture and Sustainability Lissabon
- Stadtgalerie Lehen
- Factory - ehem. Barockmuseum Salzburg
- Freakadelle im Hinterhof
- Arge Conference Linz at the Upper Austrian Directorate of Education
- trans-Art Performance mit Patrick Pulsinger und Sam Irl.
- Lissabon: Incomum
- Vortrag über trans-Art: "eins und eins ist mehr als zwei" - Astrid Rieder
- trans-Art Performance mit Abdul Moimême
- Austrian Music Week
- Klang Zeit Festival - Styria
- Nim Session
- SUMMIT of trans-Art 2020
- ANIMUSIC Congresso de Organologia, Castelo Branco, Portugal
- Members Zone, Salzburger Kunstverein
- Exhibition "Tributo alla Zappa", KHG/Unipfarre Salzburg
- Riga Performance Festival STARPTELPA, Lecture und trans-Art Performance with Agustin Castilla Avila.
- Participation in the global art project ONE MONTH FESTIVAL SEOUL.
- Musica Femina - video presentation and trans-Art performance with Mia Zabelka, in the Pflanzenorangerie at Wiener Schloss Schönbrunn
- VJH-Saal Pottendorf in the context of a Soiree from Marialena Fernandes and Ranko Markovic trans-Art performance mit Mia Zabelka
- Brünn, Club Desert trans-Art performance with Peter Gernes, composer
- Galerie 5020, trans-Art performance mit Mia Zabelka, violinist, electroacoustician
- Zeit-Auszeit, Adventzyklus Universität Mozarteum with Norbert Sprave, accordion
- KunstMeeting Tour, an austria-wide event (Vienna, Linz Salzburg, Graz), to promote interdisciplinary art projects
- Electroacoustic festival in Seia/Portugal.
- NY Art Connection Gallery Long Island,
- Conference GINC (Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza) MACRO in Rome
- Kulturverein Samerstall, Mittersill with Agustin Castilla Avila, Komponist und Gitarrist
She is currently performing on the 2nd Thursday of each month in the series “do trans-Art” in her studio at the Bundesstraße 37 in Wals-Siezenheim with different musicians. Together they create a Composition Graphique Musicale, which is based on the concept of a dialogue between contemporary music and abstract drawing, which is continuously and interactively modulating during the trans-art performance. The final producs are the large-scale drawing, the recorded video and the sound recording. As a presenter Astrid Rieder is also active in the radio show „Studio of contemporary music/trans-Art” which is broadcasted on the free radio station “Die Radiofabrik” and twice per month taken over by Radio FRO.